Friday, July 10, 2015

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour #251 - Ha Valley and Chelela Pass, Bhutan

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour After Remission #251

- Ha Valley and Chelela Pass, Bhutan
 
(Our drive to Ha Valley took 2hours, through scenic but treacherous roads and over high mountains. The 3 mountain peaks at Ha Valley - representing Wisdom, Compassion and Longevity - were the highlight of this trip. But when we reached the summit at Chelala Pass, the day became special. Why? Because not only is it the highest road in Bhutan but I have also reached the highest point on Earth at 3988m, through all my travels thus far. In fact, trodding up the hill with howling winds through the prayers-flags all around me, I probably reached 4020m. What a view from here, with Ha Valley and tall cypress trees on my left and Paro on my right of this mountain pass. And what a huge achievement for me personally, post-cancer and remission!)







 


 
 
 

No comments: